I'm planning to vote for Jagmeet in the new election. I liked your article, but here's what I have to say:
1. He had no right to call someone a racist. The name-calling is acceptable in the kindergarten, but not in Parliament.
2. He deserved to be "sent home" for the rest of the day. The guy who called someone a racist in 1974 deserved that too, but it's hard to reference something that happened 45 years ago.
3. When you want to pass a new motion, calling someone who disagrees a racist isn't just unacceptable and unprofessional, but plain stupid. Especially since we're having a bunch of anti-racism protests around the world. One should be extremely careful with what they say. "Racist" carries a lot more insult right now compared to even a month ago.
4. Are you sure Jagmeet is the only racialized Parliament member? I googled the list of Parliamer members and looked at the first 5, in alphabetical ordern. 3 out of those 5 are non-Caucasion. So, I thought I might be stupid and googled "racialized": a non-Caucasion individual. And a ton of the Parliament members are non-Caucasian. So... How come Jarmeet is the only racialized person? Please let me know, I'm really lost...
5. Trudean, who I voted for in the last election, deserve to be kicked out as well after the "piece of sh*t comment". Same applies to everyone else.
I get the outrage, but attacking someone like that deserves certain concequences. Especially considering the heaviness of that comment. They weren't posting on Twitter, the man was speaking in Parliament and trying to pass a critical motion. Why on Earth would he shoot himself in the foot like that? I don't get it.